Who we are
Our website address is: https://ernie-and-berti.com.
Website owner: Gianfranco Maffucci-Mauch aka Gianni
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses google analytics to optimize it’s content. If you don’t want to provide your anonymized data you can opt out here: Disable Google Analytics
More informations about google analytics’ data policies you can find here.
Who we share your data with
The only data we need is your email when you subscribe to our newsletter via mailerlite or to our website via BuddyPress. The later also needs a name to work but that does not mean that you have to provide your real name. Also we don’t care if you provide an anonymized email or not. We use the email to stay connected and inform you about new articles, stories, quizzes, polls, videos on our website. We don’t give them away. We don’t send you spam. We don’t send you direct adds. We might send you a link to a sponsored article but never will one of our newsletter links lead you to a sales page from an unknown website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Is not needed and will never be needed. We only need an email.
How we protect your data
There is no programmer behind this website but a simple wordpress adept. So the only thing we can do is to provide the SSL protocol, regular updates of our installed plugins and wordpress, ongoing monitoring of the website activities via Wordfence.
What data breach procedures we have in place
The first and most important measure is the reduction of the needed data amount. We only need an email address and we encourage you to use an anonymized email so that every breach is utter useless.
Installed and active plugins and their policies:
This website relies on plugins to provide you the look and feel it has now. The website owner is not able to code this features himself. So he can only assume that all these plugins are not violating the GDPR. He is also not able to detect what personal data these plugins may be collecting but as soon as a GDPR violation is detected, the plugin will be deactivated.
- AdAce – management of the add display
- Buddypress – community management and building
- Duplicate Post – makes it possible to copy posts
- Envato Market – connection to the envato market directly via wordpress
- Facebook comments plugin – commenting on articles via facebook
- G1 socials – modification of share buttons
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP – display google analytics data in the wordpress dashboard
- Google Analytics Germanized – help to make it possible to opt out from google analytics
- Head, Footer and Post Injections – injecting code into various website sections
- Mashshare Share Buttons – displays admin selected share counts to generate a virtual buzz around the articles.
- MediaAce – media management
- myCRED – user motivation
- Official MailerLite Sign Up Forms – newsletter singup
- Photomix – picture edditing
- Redirection – redirection of old and broken links
- Remove Query Strings – removes query strings to optimize the website
- Snax – enables user submitted content upload
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer – fixes insecure content
- Video Thumbnails – provides YouTube thumbnails
- Vision Core – Core date of theme vision plugins
- What’s Your Reaction? – enables user comments via emojis
- Wordfence Security – software firewall
- WordPress Importer – importing of wordpress data
- WP GDPR Compliance – GDPR compilance helper
- WP Subtitle – adds subtitels to wordpress headlines
- WPBakery Page Builder – website editor